In 1988, a group of educators from Metro Manila schools offering tourism courses formed what was then known as the "Association of Tourism Schools of the Philippines" (ATSP). The founding member-schools were Polytechnic University of the Philippines, San Sebastian College, De Ocampo College, La Consolacion College, Centro Escolar University, and the University of Santo Thomas. Its founding president is Dr. Zenaida Cruz of PUP.
In 1992, the constitution of the ATSP was amended and its name was changed to "Tourism Educators of Schools Colleges and Universities"(TESCU).
To have an increasing pool of trained academicians and professionals in Travel and Tourism who understand the close interrelationship among all segments of the tourism industry.
- To promote closer working relationship between educators and industry;
- To unite all schools, colleges and universities with tourism programs with the end in view
of training and developing students for a productive and meaningful career in tourism;
- To sponsor lectures, seminars, workshops and conferences in various fields of tourism;
- To increase professional knowledge through interaction with all levels of travel and tourism
- To work with colleagues to advance the image and understanding of travel and tourism
educators within the industry and the academic world.